So it turns out that this summer and fall have been very, very busy – too busy to start a blog. A short synopsis:
- I completed my 5K! As I posted earlier, I ran a 5K on September 17. I finished in 31:00.08 – by far, a personal best. I’m still running, too, and I hope to run more in the spring.
- My user group, I-380 PASS, hosted a SQL Saturday on October 1. Attendance wasn’t what we hoped for, but it was a great event nonetheless. Thanks to all our speakers and sponsors for helping us put on the event!
- Just over a week later, I flew to Seattle for the annual PASS Summit. This was my fourth Summit, and I have to say that it was my favorite one so far. I met a lot of new people, caught up with a number of people I’ve met at previous Summit, and learned an amazing amount.
- The next weekend, my wife and I traveled to southwest Wisconsin for a wedding (and a weekend away from it all).
- And somewhere in there, I did actually spend time at work and with my family.
Getting back to topic, though, I am going to start blogging now that other commitments have settled down for a while. Watch this space for some SQL goodness in the coming weeks.